TRIDENT GUM

Thursday 22 May 2014

GODFATHER IS THE RAVE OF THE MOMENT IN NIGERIA MUSIC INDUSTRY:::

GODFATHER IS THE RAVE OF THE MOMENT IN NIGERIA MUSIC INDUSTRY:::


GodFatherJay or G.F.Jay is a Nigerian rapper, singer & song writer who was influenced by various
music artists of the Hip Hop music world.. Many artists struggle to establish their musical identity, laboriously trying on different musical styles like a piece of clothing, looking to find what fits. But there are others that emerge fully formed, in full command of their craft, their identity and their music. godFatherJay fits firmly in the latter category. His new song, "Money" is a captivating and moving single that heralds the arrival of a gifted and significant new talent, one whose music feels familiar in the best possible way, while striking out on its own territory.

An Abia boy who grew up in Lagos state, Surulere, Jay loved music as a child, but didn’t take music seriously until he was in his early 20’s. He explains, “I started writing songs in my head, and it took my interest in music to another level. I had to pick up my pen, so I could cut music to the ideas I heard in my head. Then I started writing to broaden my horizons even more.” Almost immediately, he formed a three-piece team called (WayWard Entertainment) and began going through what he calls, “the typical post-music lifestyle.”


However, “I wasn’t interested in anything I was doing other than music, and I loved the wide-openness of my life.” godFatherJay was gathering skills as a songwriter, taking his influences from other music artists, and using them to shape his own style. “I grew up with a lot of music,” Jay explains, “; there’s a warmth and timelessness to it that I’ve always loved.” Music & Moi...merci

PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY LAGOS COMEDY NEWS

No comments: