TRIDENT GUM

Monday 22 September 2014

Nigerian star Unmasked: Interview with slowtypsi:::

Nigerian star Unmasked:  Interview with slowtypsi:::


Godwin Chukwudi with the stage name Slowtypsi as a member of Seduction
Records, a record Label to watch out for. He has since released a
second Hit single titled, "Paris". he talks about his career, in this
interview with cLOUDig.

What were your formative years like?

Growing up had its ups and downs. My dad died when I was about twenty
years old and my mother have been there all the way to support us. I
come from a family of six. I and my brother has been on the hustle
from DJ to show organizers . Right from childhood, I have always loved
singing. When I was still in schools I have not gone a day without
singing every day we would do rehearsal at home. I will say my mother
has always taken an interest in my music career. Also, my brothers and
sisters have been very supportive as well.

How is your relationship with your brother like?

 We are very close and it has been nice all the way though he has been
the one I can always run to when things go so wrong, he is the best
MENDEZ ME OMP. He sings too, and still works too like me.

Tell us about your record label?

 I am with Seduction Records the best ever #Danjayseduction the never
stopping Moving train we've got all what you need the best Rappers
@topnotchrimi @formidable @larryb I think enough of the info for now
watch out....

What is your kind of song?

 For me, I Do Afro hiphop and R.n.b songs but I love doing music in
general. My brand of music is R.n.b. There is this enjoyment behind it
whenever you listen to love songs. It has nice rhythm and sound. I
knew I was not going to be a gospel artiste but I still love Gospel
music.


 What’s new in the studio and how has your music career been?

 I just dropped my new single titled, PARIS. A song which talks about
Love And as for my music career, it has been growing. Before PARIS, I
dropped a single titled, "Forever Love" I gave it the title because it
Reminds me of Some one special that left a foot print in my life . So
that was what prompted the song.
But I am very passionate about my musical career.

What does music mean to you?

 If music were lady I will love and treasure her till death because I
love music.

How do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration from people’s experience, life experience, my
personal experience and the word of God I hear as well.

As a young musician, how would you rate the Nigerian music industry?
 I will say it is growing and I am growing along with it.

 Who are those you look up to in the music industry?

Outside Nigeria, I look up to Chris Brown and usher In Nigeria, like I
said 2face has been one of my number one motivator because he does
real music and he is continually stepping up his. And for others love
them too.

 How do you relate with your female fans?
I love them and they love me too. Aside music,

  Is there a woman in your life?
 The truth is that it is kinda complicated but have alot of Ladies
coming my way.

 Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?
 I see myself being a household name in the Nigerian music industry,
Africa and the world at large.
     Follow slowtypsi of twitter: @slowtypsi

No comments: