TRIDENT GUM

Wednesday 30 November 2022

The inspiring story of Oyins Ekperi Woyenkuro CEO Teqkey Innovations.

 From Ajegunle to Media Executive: "Oyins Ekperi Woyenkuro" CEO Teqkey Innovations.


My name is Ekperi Woyenkuro Oyins an indigene of Ifidi compound, Odi town, Kolokuma Opokuma LGA Bayelsa State.


I was born on the 9th of March, To Mr and Mrs Jackson Gbanaa Ekperi in Lagos State Ajegunle Ajeromi Ifelodun LCDA.


There I attended God's Children Nursery and Primary School Amukoko, then moved on to Cardoso High School Ijora Badia all in Lagos, Before attending University of Ilorin to study Zoology first but later moved to Mathematics Education Unilorin.


My Journey in Media and Advertising started in Ajegunle while growing up there was a boom in the Ajegunle music industry with the like of Daddy Showkey, Daddy Fresh, Baba Fryo, Nutty and Waffy and like every other kid who couldn't play football growing up in Ajegunle you had to be serious with your books or pick music, So I picked the two first was the books then we started freestyling outside to entertain ourselves. I've to also mention that one of the Danfo Drivers Duo was a family member so it also help peak my interest.


Then I got into the university and started doing MC jobs and stand up comedy to survive the hardship of being a student from a very humble home. From there I got invited by a comedian and radio presenter Karikatalk to come on his show on radio then Unilorin FM. It was from there I just knew that this is what I should be doing I left Ilorin to come back to Lagos to fight for my spot in the then growing Naija comedy scene.


How I really got into Media Marketing and Advertising. I had to work because the shows and events were not paying that well, smiles you know the drill "until you blow na free be your fee".


So I had an event then I was a casual staff of Infinix mobility, it was our end of year party so as a staff they didn't want to pay me so I asked a friend to take the gig and make money instead I'll do it for free. So while he was performing I decided to support him on stage and that was the deciding moment.


The then Infinix mobility boss saw me on stage and was impressed so he asked to see me we discussed on how we are going to soon create an activation team and he wanted me to lead the team.


I took that Job and created some of the most amazing and effective activations ever seen in the mobile smart phone industry. He allowed me explore my ideas and the results were so good I became a top manager in one year handling both store activations and campus activations throughout Nigeria.


I made friend in the entertainment industry, top artist, comedian, actors etc. due to my work. So far I've worked with Numerous brand from Itel Mobile, Tecno mobile, Vivo Mobile, PalmPay, FTX, Syinix Tv, Telecoms, Online stores, Fintech, Food and Beverages brands as the CEO of Teqkey Innovations a leading Media Agency Company which was established by me in 2017 and later joined forces with One Core Communications NG.


From 2017 till date our Agency have been able to seal Million Naira deals and deliverables with the likes of Nengi BBNAIJA, Saskay, Mercy Eke, Ozo, Ice Prince, Wande Coal, RunTown, Small Doctor, Olamide Baddo, Annie Idibia, Mercy Johnson Okojie, Ceece, Broda Shaggi, Bimbo Ademoye, Zubby Michael and lots of other talents in Nigeria and Africa.


One thing I would say about my career so far is opportunities came and I was ready to always push, I've trusted my mind and opened it to creativity.


And am still here making moves to get the brands what they need to compete in the Nigerian and African market.

IG handle: eko_gustavo

Twitter handle: @gustavo_eko

No comments: