TRIDENT GUM

Thursday 13 February 2014

WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PUBLICIST BY #CORNELL UDOFIA:::



WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PUBLICIST BY #CORNELL UDOFIA:::
 
Do you see a bright future for publicists?
The future is very bright but we need to put our acts together, because a situation whereby publicists are becoming Personal Assistants (PA’) to artistes is something I don’t support. You must take a stand and let people know you for what you do, then the job and the respect will come to you.
If you were to choose between being an actor and a publicist, which would you choose?
I believe that what I’m doing now is part of acting because to package an artist despite the difficult terrain is challenging and the artistes themselves don’t see the need. Most of them are their own managers, fashion designers and so on.  I tell them “why don’t you concentrate on your talent and leave the rest for us,- the PR people, publicists and managers. Don’t get it all mixed up”.
So you prefer what you do to being an artiste?
Yes. To be frank, I have gotten a couple of scripts from clients to do some acting job, but I’m still studying the terrain.
What does it take to be a publicist?
It takes determination, enlightenment, talent, having a nose for news and being on top of your game. It requires a lot of talent and guts.
Has your career brought you fulfillment?    
Yes, for now though I don’t have all the houses and cars, but adding value to humanity, giving a platform for young talents to express themselves and shine is what I enjoy, because as the bible says “what you sow, you will reap. So, I am happy with what I am doing.

No comments: