TRIDENT GUM

Wednesday 29 May 2019

An encounter with Bishop David Oyedepo put me in the league of reformation:


"An encounter with Bishop David Oyedepo put me in the league of reformation".



(Akinmuyisitan Olusegun K.
President,  
Born of God Worship Ministry Int'l

@olusegunakinmuyisitan
@word_of_worship

Can we know you?
First of all, I’ll like to appreciate the privilege of being invited for this interview. My name is Akinmuyisitan Olusegun K. popularly called "Born of God". I’m from Idanre town in Ondo state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I started the music and worship assignment as far back as my Secondary School days. I can't call myself a music lover but a lover of God. Am not music freaked but I can't do without making melody/music in my heart. I studied Building Technology from The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti. All through my School days, I had believed God that there was more to my life than mixing Concrete and coordinating bricks.  
During my NYSC, I became so passionate about fulfilling purpose above pursuing money so I stayed back in Jigawa State in the northern part of Nigeria for an additional two years after NYSC seeking the face of God for the next phase of my life because I didn’t want to miss it. The quest continued until the day I attended an annual Easter International Youth Alive Convention in April 2004 at Canaanland tagged THE RELEASE OF REFORMERS. Bishop Oyedepo emphasized the fact that there is a reformation league and we all have a part to play in the league. I went back to Jigawa with fire in my bones asking God WHAT PART AM I TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGE OF REFORMATION? God showed up. 
Though I've been a part of the choir from my primary school days, both in Children's Church and the School choir and music has been a major part of my life, God started opening me up to worship: What worship was and how to effectively offer one. This is what gave birth to BORN OF GOD WORSHIP MINISTRY INTL. cumbered with helping every believer to be a trueworshiper. I've written over 1500 songs to lead the entire world in worship of our only true and living God. I've been part of many choirs like Healing streams of Daystar Christian center in Lagos, Chapel of Grace Ado Ekiti, CCC Choir Akure, Goldmark, Brothers incorporated, and presently a lead worshiper at Faith Tabernacle Choir Canaanland, the International headquarters of Winners Chapel. I just released a ten-track worship project titled WORSHIP COMPANION. It's a leap for your worship life as a whole. 
I am happily married to a beautiful wife, Omolola Akinmuyisitan. 
You can follow me on Instagram or Facebook  @wordofworship, #olusegunakinmuyisitan
Thank you

What do you do, and how are you impacting to the growth of humanity in the world"
By God's grace I’m a Human Capital Developer. I'm interested in helping to set a good foundation for the next generation while helping the present to fulfill purpose. I have an Instagram handle @wordofwealth. This is a platform I use to pass on ideas, experience, wisdom and advice to as many that are interested in making a difference in their life. I assist younger men to realize their dreams by contributing both financially and spiritually to their growth. Sponsor them to a Leadership Academy, Skills acquisition programme, Bible School, etc. for them to be able to discover their God given potentials and harness it.

If you are to become an animal, which one and why?
A lion of course! It's the king of jungle. I won't negotiate for anything less than royalty. Besides, Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of Judah and I have my roots in Him. 

Have you been molested before and how to you manage to move on with life?
I've always been in the custody of my parent as a child. We 've never spent any holiday outside our home. That helped me have a fair experience growing up. I got committed to God early enough though I did not really know Him until when I got born again in the higher institution. God has been faithful to me.

Define what fashion means to you?
To my mind, I see fashion as the easiest medium to express your personality without words. As it is popularly said, "the way you dress, is the way you will be addressed" I believe that your look is more important than your speech. 95% of people that see you might not have the opportunity to know you or hear you, but they make their conclusions about you from the way they can read your looks.

How do you plan to combine Afro music with American Hip hop music?
I’m not really an Afro musician. My passion is to see the world worship God in truth and in Spirit by supplying music and teachings that will enhance their understanding and help them fulfill purpose in worship. We operate a strictly full gospel perspective of music ministry.

What verse is your favorite in the Bible?
1Cor 2:9 "For eyes have not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for them that love Him" It keeps me going in the faith running after God with the hope of a glorious future ahead of me.

A word of advice to a youth somewhere frustrated?
When I finished my NYSC, I had no uncle, brother and even parent to help. I have mixed salt with water for dinner as my only meal for the day but my hope was alive because I have Jesus and a vision of a future. I will advise that you get God and a vision and I bet you the sky will be your starting point. Get consistent and dilligent in pursuing God and vision. Earlier than estimated and faster than expected I see you getting there. 
Once again, I appropriate this rare privilege of being aired by you. You’re doing a great job! 
Take charge
Akinmuyisitan Olusegun Kayode
President,  
Born of God Worship Ministry Int'l
Tel: +2348035267507 

Photo credit: @darephotographyuk
Graphics credit: Takin_e
Concept credit: @bdashbabe
Story by @ebukapeters_asp
Published by @lagoscomedynews

3 comments:

Barry Gbarage said...

This is quite inspiring. Congratulations the Engineer!

Unknown said...

I have always known you to be a God fearing man, humble and ready to be of help. I see you going places. Truly eyes have not seen.

Taiwo Favour Oluwamotemi said...

Great one bro, more grace in Jesus name.