TRIDENT GUM

Thursday 27 March 2014

MY ADVICE TO UPCOMING ARTISTE BY ANNJAY:::

AnjayAngela Chioma John popularly known as AnnJay is a sexy entertainer. The young musician cum dancer who hails from Ohaukwu Local Government, Ebonyi State started off as a journalist. However, due to her love for music, she dropped the pen for her passion- music. In this interview with angeladaviesmag, ADM, she talked about music.

Why did you go into music?
Music has been part of me. I went into music because of the strong passion I have for it.
Can you give an insight into your work so far as a recording artiste?
I have three singles to my credit. They are Fly High, Gbakodoro and Fall in Love which is everywhere today. I have travelled a lot because of music and have performed at ‘A” list events alongside top rated Nigerian Entertainers.
 Where did the inspiration for ‘fall in love” come from?
First and for most, I get my inspiration from the living God. Music is all about what happened to you or things in and around your environment. Fall in love is one of my best songs and it took me a long time to write and to record it.dsc_0235
Why do people fail in music?
Any way music is not something anyone can rush into because if you do, you will definitely rush out. Music requires passion and focus. Some people went into music because they want to make what people call (sharp cash) and by the time the money does not come they drop. Although I have not failed and I will never fail. I will continue to do what I know how to do best till when my God answers my prayer. I did not rush in and I will not rush out by God’s grace and because my love for my career is intact, I know I will get there.
What do you like about being a musician?
Being a musician gives me happiness, peace and joy. It has also afforded me the opportunity to meet different kind of people from different countries and exchanging ideas is great.
 Any regret so far?
I have no regret. I am enjoying every bit of what I am doing.
 Do you have any road map on how to manage stardom?
The only road map I have is to ask God to take charge because I am not perfect. God is the beginning and the end of my career.
 Tell us about your new video?
My video opened a new chapter in my career. I have a great video shot recently by a US born Nigerian, Obiechina.  I know it’s not easy to achieve a good video in Nigeria without spending much as an artiste who is independent. My dear I am very happy and I know that more good videos are on the way. I say thanks to God, my big brothers, my director obiechina and other good minded people that contributed to the success of this wonderful video.
 Who is the man in your life?
For now, my career is the man in my life. It is all about work and money for now. But when there is a man in my life, I will let you know.DSC_6891
There was a rumour sometime last year that May D left his baby mama for you. How true was that?
Thank God you called it a rumour. The truth is that I don’t know how that rumour came about. I do not have an answer to this question.
Who are your role models?
First is God. Then others are the late Michael Jackson, Tuface, Psquare, D’banj and Akon.
 What should your fans be expecting from you?
Good music, beautiful things, more good jobs and I promise not to let them down.
 What words do you have for your fans?
I love all my fans so much that I cannot do without them and I say God bless them all.

No comments: