TRIDENT GUM

Monday 14 July 2014

BLOSSOM GABRIEL REDEFINES FASHION IN 'NATIONAL MIRROR':::

BLOSSOM GABRIEL REDEFINES FASHION IN 'NATIONAL MIRROR':::


A lot of p e o p l e t h o u g h t you were going to abandon Kraftitude Afrik when you veered into music. How do you find time to juggle it with your music career?
I am passionate about what I do at Kraftitude Afrik. It earned me an award some years back, I have some other people learning and benefitting from its output in several ways, so, I can’t let go. Just like I have said and through that music, one should not let go of what is right and beneficial to others no matter what.
My life is about giving, I love giving because even the Bible says it is more rewarding to give than to receive. My life is about serving others, I am serving some people through Kraftitude, I cannot stop.
It is just like the parable of the talents in the Bible, if one is faithful in doing one thing, God will increase his or her talents. It is in influencing others that one can be relevant to God and even to people. It is God that committed the two into my hands and He is the one that is helping me to manage all.
Your attires in the Never Let Go video reminds one of the late Mariam Makemba. Do you have any attachment to her?
I have always loved the way she dressed and even her kind of songs. What now makes us to look alike in our craft is our belief in the African culture. I am passionate about my culture and this is what informed the making of the video and my general appearance.
The African culture is naturally rich and very beautiful. It is respected in other worlds, it is just unfortunate that we the owner are not appreciating it enough.
What is style to you?
I love to be simple and elegant at the same time. I wear outfits that are not too expensive but well crafted. I don’t just wear anything just because it is in vogue but because it suits me and it is comfortable. I love to stand out in the crowd beautifully.
Which of the two careers gives you fulfilment?
I simply enjoy both. Music and design are all about creativity and it comes from the heart that is always merry. If you are not happy genuinely, you cannot create anything, meaning you can neither compose a good song nor create a good design.
Life, to me, is about impacting positively on others. The two careers have impacts on people and because of that I am fulfilled. They are also both ways of expressing oneself and reaching out to people, so, I am fulfilled.

No comments: