TRIDENT GUM

Thursday 5 December 2013

HOW OPA WILLIAMS SAVED I GO SAVE COMEDIAN::

HOW OPA WILLIAMS SAVED  I GO SAVE COMEDIAN::

Otas I go save was Born may 20th 1979 in Warri delta state  to the Onodjayeke’s  family, OTAS I GO SAVE hails from Ethiope East local government area of Delta State. Attended Aileru primary school and Essi college all in Warri, Delta state and later Federal Polytechnic Auchi where he studied painting and general arts, graduated in 2004 and served his NYSC in Lagos, in 2005. In 2010, his annual I go save unusual got bigger and better.  

Otas Igo Save whose real name is Otaghware Otas Onodjayeke is one of the biggest names in African comedy, he came into the limelight after performing at Opa Williams night of a thousand laughs in 2000.
The Warri born comedian steadily rose to stardom over the years, the moment he launch his comedy show I Go Save back in 2009. Quite unusually for a comedy show, especially in Benin City, I Go Save sold out before the show date. Ever since, I Go Save has become an annual event, firmly established on the Benin City Comedy calendar.

The popularity of I Go Save with his audience is just on of the several feathers in his cap. He is very popular with critics too, his witty jokes and spontaneity has won him dozens of awards including Daniel Merit Award for Best Youth Comedian, Pink Awards Nigeria for Comedy of the year, Akwaba Awards Ghana for comedy of the year, Ehiglad Entertainment Recognition, Settlement House honor as youth peace Ambassador, EBS Recognition Awards, RCORN Organisation Awards for humour brain of the year, NDDA as comedian of the year and many more.

Otaghware Otas Onodjayeke’s talents is not limited to live stand up comedy alone, he is an actor as well. He has starred in a several Nollywood Comedy Movies including Warri Connection and My House Help.
Though I go save is very funny but he is unique on stage...

No comments: