TRIDENT GUM

Thursday 5 December 2013

WHY MALEKE LEFT COMEDY FOR MUSIC::

WHY MALEKE LEFT COMEDY FOR MUSIC::
 

Why did you suddenly leave the comedy industry for music?
I’m not just a comedian, neither am I just a musician. I should introduce myself as an entertainer who is into comedy, music, acting and others. Most especially, I love to see myself in the live band thing. Based on the present era, everybody wants to go digital, mine a song and that’s all. I don’t see music that way. I see music as a live band thing, an analogue; a
performance. That is why I said I am an entertainer. When a man is born, he is born to grow old. When you are on top of a system, you need to give the up and coming ones the privilege to do their thing. Not that I am out, but I want some things to happen based on the kind of the platform I met in those early days. I was privileged to perform in  the ‘Night of a Thousand Laughs,’ and other shows.
Today, I am 70 per cent music, and 30 per cent comedy; but still, comedy is something I cannot run away from. Inside me, it’s an in-born thing. So, if you want to address me today, call me ‘Maleke the Entertainer.’

To me Maleke is one of most creative comedian in Nigeria because he is always on point any time he carries microphone even on telephone...

No comments: