TRIDENT GUM

Friday 6 December 2013

MC ACAPELA CONFESSES ABOUT PLAGIARISM IN COMEDY INDUSTRY::

 MC ACAPELA CONFESSES ABOUT PLAGIARISM IN COMEDY INDUSTRY::

 
MC Acapella is one of the fast rising comedians in the industry with more prospects to excel and grow. In these interview he spoke about his challenges and the burning issue of plagiarism confronting the comedy industry.

HOW FAR IS ACAPELLA DOING IN THE INDUSTRY?
Well we are growing as far as God led, we they Grow just as Fela Don talk Am – we they waka dey go, they go go places.
YOU STARTING COMEDY FROM THE CHURCH AND NOT PICKING IT FROM THE STREET, HOW WAS IT LIKE?
It was not easy at first because I grew up from one of those orthodox churches and comedy used to appear like an alien, like how this guy con dey crack joke in the church, it was so challenging back in the days but along the line we having new birth churches that starts embracing Comedy and that shows comedy as come to stay, It wasn't easy at first but trust me I can tell you that from doing comedy in churches am doing really good.
THE COMEDY INDUSTRY IS GROWING DAY BY DAY BUT A MAJOR CONTENTION IS PLAGIARISM, WOULD YOU SAY IT IS PROFESSIONAL AND WHAT DO YOU THINK CAN BE DONE?
Trust me no man is a monopoly  of idea, what you are thinking the next man might be  thinking but when we say coping that is when it's being done line by line that's copy, and you will agree with me that we've heard the likes of 2face picking his lyrics from that of Late Baba 70, Fela Anikulapo Kuti to make up his own lyrics, so you could get some ideas from a joke to cook up your own idea but it becomes a case when you do it line by line and since it has been overdone you won't even know when you will use the name of the comedian to sign out like using Seyi Law jokes, but trust me I do not see that as an issue but an inspiration,  perhaps one man's joke is  an inspiration to another man.
HAVE YOU BEEN SHORT OF JOKES ON STAGE?
No, I can tell you but trust me sometimes when you are on stage, you could feel like there is nothing in your head again but it does not mean one is short of jokes. Trust me; I do my research very well to get better everyday. So I have never run dry or out of jokes.

No comments: